Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tears

Jack, the man of creative names: OceanLittleBob and later AndWaveBehindTheFlags (he was watching me type that and made sure I added the 's' to flags)


Jack: "I have something to show you, Mom." (I go over.) "See, 'grown' is one word, and 'up' is one word." (this after a short explanation on compound words)
Mom: "Oh, yeah."
Maggie: "Mommy, see." (mimicking Jack)
Mom: "Oh."


"I nee' 'poon Mommy." (I need a spoon, Mommy.)


"Why is there mows on the road?" Jack, referring to grass clippings.


Six syllables from Maggie: "I needa socca baa." (I need a soccer ball!) upon spotting the Culver's soccer ball in the display cabinet.


While cutting Jack's hair in the yard; "You're mowing my hair!"


When I cry, the kids get concerned. It's probably normal that they're concerned. It's probably normal for mothers to try to hide or shorten their much needed cries in order to not distress their children. Jack and Maggie saw me crying the other day. Their responses ...
Jack: "Why is your face watery?"
Maggie pulled the dish towel off the stove handle and handed it to me saying; "Put a eye."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...