Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday

Sometimes my kids amaze me.  I'm sure that's just like any mom.

Jeffry took Jack out on an ice cream date last night.  I took Leesha out.  This morning, I took Maggie out to Target where we picked up a treat at the Starbucks before we started shopping.

Jeffry and Jack talked a bit about church.  Apparently Jack doesn't like to go to church ever, he only fusses about it with any regularity during the Summer, so we cave and attend Saturday night services instead of fighting him on Sunday mornings.  It makes for some good homeschool time, so it's not a complete loss.
Anyhow, during their conversation, Jeffry suggested that we ask one of the boys Jack seems to like over for a playdate to build a friendship there.
This morning, I wrote a note to the boys parents and listed my email address.  I asked Jack what he thought of the note.  He read it, and when he came across my email address (carawillis), he said; "You don't have a very good space there."  True, true.  After I chuckled, I told him he was correct, but it was okay because that's my email address and it's not supposed to have a space in it.

Some of you may be wondering how the rest of the morning went, although it was the "space" blurb I wanted to record.

We went to church and I partially signed Jack in.  He wanted to write his own name.  I'd noticed that the other boy had been signed in already and mentioned that to Jack.  His name-writing task was quickly forgotten in favor of getting that note to his friend without delay.  Very cute.

No playdate is set up yet, but we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...