Monday, May 18, 2009

The last week

I didn't realize it had been a week since I last posted ... Let's see what I can catch everyone up on.
Keane came over on Thursday. The boys were entirely entertained by me mowing the lawn. I guess it depends on which side of the mower you're on. Who am I to complain when I got the grass cut, and they weren't annoying one another since they were in separate strollers. Once I was done, they got to play on our climber. That got them nice and tired so I was able to nap while they napped. Before taking Keane home, I even braved taking both of them to the grocery store. They were okay for the most part until we got to the checkout and Jack decided to pat Keane on the head harder than Keane liked. Don't tell Jeffry, but I plan to leave all the kids with him when grocery shopping after Toto's arrival.
Leesha had rehearsals 3 nights last week. That means a further commute to pick her up during rush hour. I'm glad the play is Thursday and doesn't involve any evening rehearsals this week.
Friday, I went in to see the Midwife. She gave me another dose of antibiotics for my current sinus infection. Third dose of antibiotics this pregnancy. She said everything looks good. I asked her if she had an idea how big the baby is and told her I suspected about 5 lbs. She didn't think Toto had reached that weight yet. However, during labor with Leesha, the midwife guessed her at under 7 lbs. and she was 7.13. Jack was guessed to be 7 something and he was 8.15. So, I say 5lbs it is. That's a good survivable birth weight, so whenever baby decides to come works for me. Of course, I would like to get through the school year and would be euphoric if Caryn was able to be present for the birth. And, I'd like to get the quilts sewn. So, I guess anytime after the next 4 weeks.
Jeffry had a minor accident at work on Friday which scared us because Monarch threatens a 5 day suspension with any preventable accident. Poor Jeffry, he'd had a long day at work, was on the route for strange reasons, had an issue to deal with that put him behind schedule, then had the accident. Bummer, but add to that dealing with the bosses at work when he got back to base, then the drive home knowing I'm already concerned about finances and staring 5 workless/payless days in the face. I told him if he watched Jack and tended to some house work, I'd be able to work more and we'd be fine. We discussed it over the weekend and obviously prayed about it. Today, he was to report for "retraining" (strange as he's been one of the trainers) from 10am-1pm. Dad was willing to watch Jack since Mom worked, and I took an early job so that Jack's time with them only ended up being about 5 hours versus the usual 8 or so. While at work, Jeffry texted saying he was going to be working the afternoon, so I think he's gotten 8 hours in today. That's no suspension, so we're happy.
On Friday night, we tried to feed Jack before heading over to our friends the Browns to watch the Lost season finale. Jack slept while we viewed. When we got home, he threw up. I guess expired cottage cheese doesn't sit well.
On Saturday, we went over to Eric's most recently acquired house to help him with some stuff before they plan to move this coming weekend. We got some stuff done, but not a whole lot. Jack enjoyed going down to the basement and then up and down the stairs.
In the middle of last night, he was whimpering, so I assumed he'd gotten uncovered and went to check on him. It wasn't just his blanket like I'd suspected. He'd taken off his pajamas too. So, I started putting them back on and he kept saying; "Gank you. Gank you." (that's his newest version of "Thank you.")
I hope that sums up the last week or so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...