Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trying to be busy

Jack's learning nursery rhymes.....
"Rub-a-dub-dub, Three men in a tub. The Butcher, the Baker, the Candlestick Maker"
....Short conversation regarding what each man does......
Regarding the Candlestick Maker: "Fire on purpose?"

At least two Sundays, he's sung a song about a tiny turtle named Tim who ate soap, etc. Tonight, I asked; "Do you sing that song at church?" "No." "Where do you sing it?" "At home." (Well, I guess I could have figured that much out, huh?)

On our evening walk Jeffry pointed out a bird and asked Jack what it was doing. Apparently, it was "Going to St. Paul Louis."

After putting him to bed one night, Jeffry went to check on him. He found Jack laying down on the floor rather than his mattress. Apparently, he wanted to "sleep like Hazel" (the dog we sometimes dog-sit).

"Mom, can I have some me'cine 'cause my feelings hurting?" Now that we have "dawa" for his ear infection, he just loves "me'cine".
At the Dr. getting said prescription; "She's a nice (or was it good?) Dr."


Since I needed to get an Rx for Jack, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone (as well as take on more than I could chew with how unwell I was feeling) and get groceries at the same time. I bought a huge bag of shredded cheese. Jack asked for some when we got home and I told him that it wasn't opened yet. He suggested; "Mom, would you try your mouf to open it?"

To Maggie; "Mag, I'm trying to be busy."

At least two times, when Jack has gotten rather quiet, and I have gone to investigate, I've found him in self-imposed "poop time". The most recent time, I asked if he wanted me to get him a book or some toys. His response; "No, I need some food to make me get a lot of deep brefs." I don't know why he was associating food with deep breaths, but we've been trying to curb some of his dramatic tears by encouraging him to take deep breaths.

I forgot I'd unbuckled Maggie while she was in her "high chair" and she took a face-plant. Ouch!

Maggie has finally cut her top two teeth. The other two won't be long in cutting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...