Thursday, June 11, 2009

Misc. ramblings

I've been so busy with this and that, that I haven't bothered blogging. My apologies.

Jack's "toy" choice of the morning is the microwave door. He even tried to close it while I was wiping the inside clean.

Yesterday, I tackled cleaning the bathroom. Amazing how nice it looks. Jack was such a big "helper" by splashing in the bucket of water and "scrub walls a toothbrush" (scrubbing the walls with the toothbrush). He kept asking me what I was doing during the project.

For our 4th anniversary today, our friend Jeanelle watched Jack so we could go see Star Trek and out for dinner. I just love the way Jack says "Ja-nay-o" and "Josi-AH".

It is now the next morning ....
I came upstairs from exercising and heard that Jack was awake, so I peeked in his room. He'd gotten himself half undressed and was eager to get out of bed. I asked him if he wanted to go potty then go jump in our bed and wake Daddy up. He was excited about that too. So, he runs into our room with his little bare behind and jumps in bed. Then he realizes he needs his blankets, so clambers down to go and get them. Once he has his "blankies", "lovie" and "wader", he goes back in our room to "nug-o" (snuggle) with Daddy.

That was Thursday and Friday ...

On Saturday, Caryn and family arrived from Thailand, so we went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Jack was a tiny bit wary of his new family, which seems odd because he's usually okay with strangers. Even the day before, we had a friend come to look at our bathroom painting project and while he was here, I put Jack down for a nap. Once he woke up, he asked for "David". Between yesterday and today however, he's warmed up to his cousins, aunt and uncle.

This evening, I handed him his waffle for dinner. He said something about it being hot, then "Let's blow it." He'll often say; "Mi' be hot!" (Might be hot!)

We got Leesha's final report card in the mail on Wednesday. All good grades! And only one tardy for the year - the day her medicine spilled and I made sure we found every one before Jack did. She was actually tardy once in the last week as well, but they must not have counted it.

She spent Wednesday and Thursday nights with her dad, and returned home Friday evening. I took her to get a haircut which is cute.

Think I'll stop for now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...