Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring discoveries

As of last Wednesday, the plastic dishes and food have been in the kitchen rather than in the basement.
"Hey Mom, Maggie's cookin' up a stor'." (When Maggie is playing with the food and dishes, I'll say she's cooking up a storm.)

About her breakfast this morning, I'm guessing Maggie was thinking; "Hmmm, pears and bananas taste much better with green beans." (Or maybe it was the other way around. : >))

On the way home from Mom and Dad's....
Mom: Jack, what did you do today at Grandma and Grandpa's? (no response) Did you go to the pond two times?
Jack: Yeah
M: What did you see?
J: Ducks and geese. A mommy goose sitting on eggs waiting them to hatch.
M: What will there be when the eggs hatch?
J: (with a little enthusiasm) Baby geese!
M: Do you know what a baby goose is called?
J: Yeah.
M: What?
J: A duck.
M: A baby goose is called a gosling.

Later, in his daily check-in with our neighbor Perry, I asked him what he saw and what would happen when the eggs hatched and this time he said; goslings.

Later ...
Mom: Jack, what did you eat at Grandma and Grandpa's?
Jack: Rice.
M: You had some rice?
J: Yeah. And I fink she gave me some coconut or somefing.

Just moments after that, he took a tumble on his bike, so I asked if he was okay. He said that he was, then came over to me saying; "No, I'm not okay. I need a kiss. On my han'. (kiss) An' my other han'."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...