Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Yeah"

Jack needed a potty break as he was wrapping up his lunch. I watched him walking towards the bathroom and he was keeping an eye on me too. Just over halfway there, he says; "Mom, can I give you a hug?" and turned around to come give me a hug. During the hug, he says; "I didn't give you a good morning hug." He got further waylaid by Dad snatching a dance which included a twirl eliciting an "Again Dad!"

Maggie had a few minutes on Dad's lap. I gave him a tissue for her nose, and she allowed him to wipe her nose - TWICE! She's turned into a bit of a Daddy's girl. Cute, but I can admit that I feel a little bit jealous.

We went to Maplewood Mall where we got to ride a "train" around the mall. I thought I'd try to find Maggie some boots. That did not go well. She would cry and say; "No!" when I put them on her feet, then pull them off. This seems so strange because she loves wearing her "shoooes".

"Mom, I want a pet lamb." "Well, as soon as we get a farm." "Mom, I want to borrow a pet lamb." "From who?" "A farm."
The next day: "Actually Mom, I don't need a pet sheep. I need a pet goat. I need a pet goat until we go to the Farmer's Market." Then he started singing "Old MacDonald" shortly transitioning into "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

While it was still dark, Jack got up and came into our room to ask me a question. I believe he asked if he was 4. I answered him and he went back to his own bed. He did this all very quietly and didn't disturb Maggie at all who is a light sleeper.

I believe Maggie is saying "pee" (please) and "nummie" (Sorley/Willis for food). She often says "yeah" at the end of words. ie: "buppy yeah". I think it's because when she says a word, we'll respond with "yeah", so she's just figured that she ought to tag it on there too. She is trying to put two words together, even though they're often not as clear as Jack's words were.
Last night, she was rooting through the basket of "critters" an pulled out their Winie the Pooh. I asked if she'd found Pooh. "Pooh yeah! Poopoo." and off she toddled to the bathroom where she seemed very pleased when I opened the toilet lid and had Pooh sit on the potty.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...