Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Broken heart

"Jack, I'd like you to eat another piece of chicken. Would you do that?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"The chicken makes my teeth chubbery."
simultaneously, Leesha and I ask; "What does 'chubbery' mean?"
"It means, it makes my teeth hurt."


Maggie: "A-bu-nyum" (I want butter on 'em.)


Jack spent several hours playing with play dough. I molded them into some animals. He took the green dog and shoved it back in the container, then asked where it was. He asked me to get it out. I pulled the whole glob out and gave it to him. He then wanted me to make another dog. I worked on it and handed him the new dog. A few minutes later, he noted that the head was falling apart. We told him that's what happens. Dough dries out and then crumbles. Jack's response: he crumpled down in his chair and started sobbing. Jeffry and I found this amusing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...