Friday, January 7, 2011

A Growing Vocabulary

Leesha had a fiend over. They played hide-and-go-seek with Jack in the basement. He was upstairs to count. They called him down. He said; "First I have to get some yellow cheese! It's so delicious!"

"Mom, why are there alligators on these shoes?"
"They're crocodiles."
"Why?"
"Because those are bona fide Croc's shoes."
"Why?"
"Because they were made at the Croc's factory."
"Oh, that's my favorite part! I was watching a show about crocodiles ...."

Jack wanted to watch something on TV. I looked at the PBS schedule and asked which show he'd like to watch. After he'd chosen it, and the TV was turned on, Maggie came to the top of the stairs saying; "Showww." She wanted to watch the show too. She doesn't watch too much TV, so I'm surprised that she knows that word. It was cute nonetheless.

"Mom!"
"What Jack?"
"I've got a song stuck in my head but I didn't sing it yet."

"I'm dancing in an angry way."

Just a few quips from today ...
Jack was telling me that he had a handkerchief that he put in a hole in the van and pulled it so that he didn't have to worry about me leaving without him.

I believe his cottage cheese was "too short" this morning.

Maggie is definitely saying "'Sha" for Leesha. Tonight, I brought bananas to the table and she said "App-o". She then noted that dinner was "ha" (hot). She asked Grandma or Grandpa the other day; "Read to you?" and tonight as we dropped Leesha off at church, she said; "'Sha bye."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...