Sunday, February 20, 2011

What they pick up around the house

"Mom, since Leesha's not here, I'll put hers in the fridge." - Jack, referring to the pretend food he's making. Love it!

Impromptu science lesson with Jack: making muffins, I need 1/2 c. honey, 1/2 c. oil and 1 c. o.j. I put them all in the same 2c. glass measuring cup. He got to see how the honey stayed at the bottom, and the oil rose to the top. Very cool. I even put some uncalled-for water in there to see what it would do.


"Hey, I like this tomato."
"You do, huh?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Because it's so beautiful and red."

(Jeffry sneezes loudly) Jack:"Dad, that scared my ears."

Jack's shirt was dirty. Leesha asked; "What's all over Jack's shirt." I replied; "Snot, food and markers." (I don't remember if it was those three exactly, but that's not the point.) Jack then pointed to and named each substance on his shirt which I'd just mentioned to Leesha.

Tossing me a map of the Twin Cities, "Mom, can you show me where's heaven?"

I stand corrected, Maggie says "Mu-tee" for monkey. "Baa-tee" is blanket. "Bih-boo" is Bible. "Pa" is Grandpa David. "Two-ee" means "I want something to eat."
She knows that the Doctor says "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" It comes out as: "No da-pee a bet!"

She does somersaults all by herself. I don't know where she learned that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...