Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hilarious

Jeffry has Google Voice. One of the features is that his voicemails are transcribed into text messages. With this in mind, I tend to try to leave very concise and coherent messages. However, it has been in the back of my head to give Google a run for it's money. So, yesterday, when I left him a voicemail, I threw in a little Kiswahili just for kicks and giggles. As a result, we had a wonderful belly laugh before drifting off to sleep last night.

This is basically the message I left:
Jeffry, if you got the email from my dad about our calendar, do not worry about getting that from Tracy today. We can do that another time. It's no big deal to me. And .... Kujua wewe ni kupenda wewe. Bye bye.

(Translation: to know you is to love you. But all you Kiswahili buffs, I claim absolutely no proficiency in the language.)

Here's what Google texted Jeffry:
Jeffry if you got the email from. I doubt about our calendar. Do not worry about getting that from Tracy today we can't do that another time, so it's no big deal. Me and could you relate with the coop and over. It was a bye bye.

Needless to say, the message confused Jeffry.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...