Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little "ketsup"

Okay, let's see how much blogging I can get done before I'm interrupted.....

Some mispronunciations:
Jack thinks "Bo Peep" is "Go Peep"
He thinks I do Yoda vs. Yoga :s


He told me the other day that he was "deading you" and then told Jeffry he was "deading mom".

In the van he was recalling some minor injury stating; "I scratched the table and got a bruise on my leg." What was incredibly cute was the lilt in his voice on the word "bruise" in the later half of the sentence.

During Leesha's first reading of the Twilight books, when Jack saw my book he'd ask; "Mom, that you Twilight?"

On Sunday, we took Jack and Leesha to their "Sunday School" rooms. After feeding Maggie, I took her back in and stopped at the bathroom on my way back to the sanctuary. As I was passing one of the children's hallways, there was Jack, holding hands with one of the other boys in his class. His "buddy" was holding hands with one of the ladies that works in the children's area. As he walked down the hall away from me, I heard him saying; "Hey Lady! I watch Speed Racer!" How could I resist catching up to him and giving him what the Willis family terms "a popper"?

Leesha is now on her second reading of the Twilight series. She's enjoyed spending her Christmas money on some Twilight gear. She and I worked on some family gifts before Christmas. The last weekend before Christmas when she was with her dad, she went shopping with a friend from school and actually picked out a book for Jack and top for Maggie. Jack just loves "Oscar Meyer".

....... minor interruption when Jack said; "Mom, dance with me!"

Now on to some other "ketsup" ......

I determined on December 22nd that we were getting a van on the 23rd. We had it narrowed down to a Sienna and an Odyssey. The Sienna was more expensive, had less miles, and needed some routine maintenance. The Odyssey was cheaper, had more miles and had been meticulously cared for. For whatever reason, I "knew" that the Odyssey was ours, but hesitated due to the miles on it. So, we tried for the Sienna first, determining that if the owner didn't come down in price, we'd just go for the Odyssey. The owner didn't meet our price requirement, which left me feeling relieved. After I'd babysat Susanna and Abby, we made a local stop before going to get our van. This was at the beginning of the snow storm we had over Christmas. Due to the snow, we were unable to get the van inspected by a mechanic, so wrote a check and headed home with papers stating we'd purchase it if it passed inspection. So, Christmas Eve morning, I was up early to shovel, take the van in and get stuff ready for a Sorley family brunch. What a relief when the van passed inspection. We now have a gold colored Honda Odyssey. A much more comfortable ride, even if it doesn't have All Wheel Drive. That won't make a difference in a few months.

Our stop was at an apartment nearby. Our church had had some families considered to be "in need" fill out a wish list, and our Small Group "adopted" them for Christmas. How fun it was to go shopping for someone else, and then to play Santa to them. I must admit that it was one of my best Christmas memories to date. Leesha helped with the delivery and I think she enjoyed it too. She actually had fun shopping for some of the stuff as well. My little girl is growing up.

We celebrated Christmas Eve with the local Sorley family. It was nice to have time with my brother for Christmas.

On Christmas, while shoveling, I realized that travel would be a bit treacherous, so we cancelled plans to get Leesha from her dad's house and drive the hour to see Jeffry's family. Both Jack and Maggie weren't feeling well, so we just hunkered down. A very relaxing Christmas day for us, but disappointing to not be with any family - especially since our families were so close, and the weather cleared up.

On the 27th, Mom and Craig left for Kenya. We celebrated by going out to breakfast with mom, then returned home for more "hunkering" before Jeffry's parents made the trek over to our house.

We enjoyed time with Jeffry's parents, having Leesha back home and celebrating Christmas with the Willis gang once our babies were feeling a bit better. It was so nice to have Jeffry's parents here for more than a long weekend so we didn't feel so rushed about time with them.

Now, things are back to "routine". Jeffry enjoyed his time off from work. I did too. I'm even back full time for this week. Jack and Maggie have a babysitter from church taking care of them.


Some "big" news is that Jack really seems potty trained now, and Maggie actually seems to "get" eating from a spoon. Big accomplishments. Now, Leesha will be turning twelve soon.

Guess that's it for the ketsup, maybe I'll do mustard next time ...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...