Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Friday:
We spent most of the day preparing for Great Grandma Mary, Grandpa Steve and Grandma Holly to arrive.
Jack took to everybody right away, even announcing "Grandpa Steve" when he saw him through the window on the door.
Over the course of the evening, he discovered Grandma's bracelets and both Grandmas' bracelet watches. He put them on his bed before he went on patrol with Jeffry. Later, when we checked in on him, he was wearing all of them.

Saturday:
Leesha doesn't start mornings with; "Good Morning." She starts with questions. I'll set the stage for question #1 for today: grocery boxes are clearly visible in the kitchen, and I'm putting groceries away. Leesha: "Did you go grocery shopping?"
Setting for question #2: she sits down on the Ikea bench we have by the door, right next to Jeffry's backpack (which, is like and American Express card: he won't leave home without it) with his shoes at her feet. Leesha: "Did Dad leave yet?"

When Jack woke up, he asked for his granparents right away. Shortly after they arrived, he was asking for the watches and bracelets.

We had a great day catching up, eating, and seeing Willis West. After dinner, we took a walk down to the park. On the way, we met one of our newer neighbors who I had met on a walk a couple of weeks ago. I'd been hoping they were believers, and found out they were. New friends in the making!

To honor Great Grandma Mary's birthday, we celebrated with berry shortcake. Yum! God makes the best desserts - or in this case, part of the dessert.

At some point in the day, I think I overheard Jack say; "Can I hi you?" I don't know if he was thinking "high five" or talking on the phone.

Sunday:
After church, we headed out to Willis West. While there, I took notes on some of Jack's more amusing speech ....
When the dogs came inside: "Hi Cogs (or was it dogs?)! I realy missed you!"
Grandpa Steve pointed out a grasshopper. They lost track of it when it must have hopped near Jack's diaper: "I got a grasshopper my diaper."
While petting either Cogswell or Eddie on Greg's lap; "Can I call him Bud?"
About Smith's sunhat: "He wearin' a patrol hat."
About a talking toy: "It's speaking to me."

While we were there, Mandy gave us Simon's Little People Circus train. Once we got home, I put it in Jack's room.

Monday:
I woke up with a start becaus I'd heard a thud and Jack was crying. I went into his room and he said; "It's loud!" He'd pushed the button on the train and must have been startled badly enough to sit down (causing the thud) or fall. It took him a couple of minutes to recover, and now we've lost track of the number of times we've heard the train move or play the circus song.


Upon hearing Maggie's "rumble pants" as we like to call it; "He sure did make muckers. Make big muckers."

After listening to the Pixies with Jeffry, I overheard both of these phrases; "Dev-oh six." "Da God is seven."



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...